Academic Achievement Specialist
Location: Dallas, TX
Pay Rate: TBD
Pay Type: Salary
Benefits: A number of options are available to you including: • Medical • Dental • Vision • Flexible Spending Account • Employer Paid life Insurance and ADD for a benefit of $25,000 • Employee Paid Optional Life Insurance • Short Term Disability Insurance • Employee provided long term disability after 90 days of continuous disability • Cancer Insurance • Employee Assistance Program
Employment Type: Full Time
**********************For 2014-2015 School Year*********************
Assist administrators and teachers in preparation, management, and execution of campus improvement plan by providing data on student progress and aligning corrective actions to the needs identified by the data. Identify students who are in need of remediation, acceleration, and/or tutorial support. Coordinate and/or assist campus progress measuring/monitoring activities to ensure that they are executed correctly and on time.
||Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Provide support for the administrative team and campus staff which results in a school culture that practices building and maintaining positive relationships with all students.
2. Collaborate with the teachers and other campus personnel to distribute and analyze disaggregated achievement data, including but not limited to Skills checks, benchmarks, STAAR End of Course (EOC), and Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS).
3. Work with individuals and targeted groups of students (such as special education, ELL, & struggling learners) who did not meet expectations on the progress reports, report cards, TAKS, EOC, skills checks, or benchmarks as requested by principal, RTI committee, or teachers.
4. Work with campus personnel to monitor progress reports and report cards, and assessment data (such as skills checks) for at-risk students and to facilitate interventions.
5. Assist RTI committee in the identification of students for placement into curricular intervention programs.
6. Coordinate and/or facilitate implementation of interventions for individual and targeted groups of students. Record and/or monitor the attendance of students in the interventions.
7. Perform other duties and responsibilities related to this position as required by the school principal.
Copier, personal computer, typewriter, and audiovisual equipment.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Bachelor's Degree, highly qualified or certified in math, science, social studies, or ELA
Apply Now Return to Jobs Page